- May 15, 2017
- Posted by: Sean McGuire
- Category: Articles, Uncategorized
With a global cost of $825 billion per year, Diabetes is one of the major diseases out there that is controllable.
America’s Healthcare Challenge is a radio program has been informing national listeners since 2012 of how the health care system and changing laws and are affecting them financially. We often field audience questions and the program is produced by E.D. Bellis.
Here is a question on one of the most common healthcare conditions.
We see so much written about Diabetes, Heart attack, and Stroke. I am 46, a recently diagnosed diabetic, working, and trying hard to not have to go on insulin. What are other people doing to control this condition?
- Diabetes is responsible for 12 million deaths per year and affects 29 million Americans.
- Nearly four times of American’s die from Diabetes bumping it up to the 3rd leading cause.
- There are two forms of diabetes. Type one diabetes where the pancreas makes insufficient insulin and the more common type two where the body has difficulty producing and using insulin.
- It is the major growing disease out there that is controllable.
- One of the keys to controlling healthcare costs is chronic disease management.
Where to learn more:
Here is a great place to begin.
About E.D. Bellis
The mission of E.D. Bellis and our network of consultants is to raise awareness about problems in healthcare and actively solve them. America’s Healthcare Challenge is the longest running radio show dedicated to educating listeners and offering peace of mind. Please enjoy your time with us and reach out to us to learn more about optimizing your healthcare experience.